Dr. James L. Sims
- Graduate of Troy High School in 1963.
- Recipient of God & Country Award and Eagle Scout Award.
- Attended Miami University 1963 – 1966.
- Graduated with Biological Science Degree from Ohio State University 1968.
- Graduated with Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree from the Ohio State University College of Dentistry 1972.
- Served in The United States Navy as dental officer aboard The USS Cascade in Naples, Italy 1972 – 1974.
- Served as Navy dental officer Allied Southern Forces Hospital, Naples, Italy 1974 – 1976. Rose to the rank of Lieutenant Commander.
- Started medical-dental assisting program at Forest Sherman High School, Naples, Italy.
- Currently practicing dentist and President of Dr. James Sims and Associates Incorporated (38 years).
- Member of: American Dental Association
- Ohio Dental Association
- Western Ohio Dental Society
- Associate member of Dayton Dental Society
- Western Ohio Dental Society:
- Past President, Peer Review Chair, delegate and alternate delegate
- Currently Treasurer of WODS
- Board Member Superior Dental Care Insurance Company
- Post chairperson Professional Review Committee
- Board Member Ohio Dental Political Action Committee
- Team Leader for dental political advocacy 8th congressional district
- Life Member American Dental Association
- Life Member The Ohio State Dental Alumni Association
Dr. Sims has two daughters Laura and Jordan, and four grandchildren. He resides in Troy. He is an avid golfer and enjoys fly fishing. He also enjoys spending time with his grandchildren and friends.